Sunday, November 25, 2007

The Not-so-black Friday

[Written on Friday]

I'm sitting here, a cup of hot chocolate in hand, trying to put words to this day.

Outside, the night is chilly and crystal-clear. The moon is full and the Vermilion River running just outside is reflecting its light. Gorgeous. Reminds me a little of when I'd look out of our window in Madang after dark and see a path of light on the water leading to the moon set just above the horizon. God's creation is spectacular.

About an hour ago, I got out of the Jacuzzi, thoroughly relaxed (although the beginning wasn't very relaxing, admittedly – when I first turned on the jets, water sprayed all over the room and chaos ensued… oops).

I took a twenty minute nap just before dinner.

This afternoon, I discovered two hidden pockets in my flannel. Ok, so you might not appreciate it… but, c'mon… it's like having a brand new flannel! (Not quite, but work with me here :D )

I had fresh pineapple. Can I tell you how much I like fresh pineapple?! Oh, man. One of God's greatest gifts to man. But don't try to eat a whole fresh pineapple in one go, as I attempted to do back in Alotau. The acid wore my whole mouth raw, where it hurt doing almost anything. It stopped me from eating any acidic fruit, but not for very long… Mmm.. Pineapple.

I finished up my critical review on Martin Luther King, Jr. on Leadership, written by Donald T. Phillips. What an impressive man. I should write about him sometime – write something other than a paper, I mean.

The day got bright and sunny while eating a breakfast of sausage and pancakes this morning.

I was able to buy presents (and a few things for myself) this morning at Staples, where my sister and I went just before 6am.

This day has been a lot of things, but black is not definitely not one of them.

I'm even going to start reading about civil religion and Dietrich Bonheoffer in a little while. That should be very interesting, indeed.

Good night, gentlemen and ladies.

"I need Thee every hour / Stay Thou nearby / Temptations lose their pow'r / When Thou art nigh // I need Thee, oh I need Thee / Every hour I need Thee / I need Thee, I need Thee / I need Thee every hour"

God loves you.

Soli Deo Gloria.

No comments:

Post a Comment